200 hours with Marie Belle & Valerie
MAY - SEPTEMBER
Our teacher training is a 5-month long program that meets 5 weekends, 26 hours per weekend, and 10 hours of Practice with Valerie per month. This program is approved by Yoga Alliance at the 200-hour level for national certification. Enrollment is limited to 18 students.
The intention is to provide and embody an education necessary to establish a personal practice and a safe, healthy, long-term relationship with yoga. You will join a holistic program aimed at preparing you for an in-depth exploration into the practice of Roots Love Yoga Vinyasa Yoga (as a lifestyle, with a non-dualistic tantric worldview, and potentially a profession).
You will complete this intensive prepared to continue the art of practicing, teaching, and expanding along this ancient path. Upon completion of the course, you will be firmly established in a daily practice and technique. You will learn technical foundation for classical asanas (postures), non-dualistic tantric philosophy, ahimsa (non-violence), meditation, proper vinyasa, pranayama (breathing techniques), the history and roots of yoga, functional and energetic anatomy, and how to create skillfully aligned sequences. You will learn safe hands-on adjustments of postures from the Primary Series of Ashtanga Yoga, Dharma Yoga and Classical Hatha Yoga Postures.
· Commitment to practicing at El Estudio 3+ times a week throughout the intensive
· Commitment to having an everyday personal practice throughout the intensive, including
pranayama, meditation, karma and asana.
· Demonstrate excellent studentship through words and actions
· A sincere desire to learn, grow, and awaken to the heart of your Being
· Acceptance into the program is based upon approval of your application.
TOPICS OF STUDY
· Developing and maintaining a personal practice (non-violence, asana, pranayama, meditation)
· Nondualistic Tantric Philosophy
· Yoga History, Roots, and Storytelling
· Fundamental yoga asanas of Ashtanga Yoga, Dharma Yoga, and variations of classical postures
· Energetic anatomy and Ayurveda
· Vinyasa techniques and count (floating and flying; jumping through; jumping back)
· Physical anatomy, alignment, and physiology as it relates to yoga practice
· Creative, Intelligent, Progressive Sequencing
· Intuitive movement
· Apprenticing, observation, scripting, and practice teaching
· Verbal and physical adjustments
· Modifications for injuries and special populations
· Therapeutic applications
· Healthy Lifestyle
· The art of centering, demonstration, and weaving the heart into asana
· Right livelihood: Business and Ethics of Yoga
· Great studentship, the heart of yoga, bringing devotion to life, connecting with the community, and
manifesting your dreams.
All levels welcomed.
Bring confortable clothing.
Bring snacks and reusable water bottles, we have a refilling station, and do not sell or support single use plastic.
Bring something to write with and a notebook + training materials.
Bring your mat, towel, a change of clothing, and anything else you might need.
Attendance is MANDATORY for all weekends. Any missed sessions must be made up at the student’s expense.
Practice with Valerie, in addition to the Teacher Training Weekend classes. Two times a week (8 classes a month)
$2,500 (if paid in full by April 1st)
$3,000 (regular price)
· Application fee is $150 (goes towards tuition)
· $200 nonrefundable deposit is required on acceptance into the program
· Final payment due APRIL 6TH, 2019.
*Payment plan may be available upon request*
*Early Bird ends on April 1st
*Tax us not included in price.
Puerto Rico tax in San Juan is 11.5%.
You have the right to withdraw from the intensive at any time. If you decide that you can no longer complete the 5-month long intensive, you may request a refund. The amount refunded is based on the date of your request. The cancellation fee is given according to the following schedule:
o 30+ days prior to the start of the intensive are $200 with the balance refunded or applied to a future Roots Love Yoga intensive within 2 years
o 14-30 days prior to the start of the intensive are $500 with the balance applied to a future Roots Love Yoga Intensive within 2 years
o All fees are final and nonrefundable within the 14-day period before the start of the program.
o Amounts given do not include the $200 non-refundable deposit